- Adobe Illustrator CC or earlier
- Adobe InDesign CC or earlier
- Adobe Photoshop CC or earlier
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or earlier
File Preparation for Digital & Offset
If sending Working Files:
- When designing full colour artwork create in CYMK workspace, not RGB
- Link images within layout programs. (Illustrator or InDesign), don’t embed images.
- Include all linked images.
- Make sure your images are the right DPI (300 or higher) for printing.
- Ensure that all linked bitmap images are created to size, not scaled down within layout program.
- Try not to use JPEG bitmap images as they are less quality than TIFF or Photoshop (PSD) files.
- Make sure final Photoshop or TIFF bitmap images are flattened.
- If using transparency effects (e.g. drop shadow) within InDesign or Illustrator, do not combine with Pantone colours as that can create unpredictable and unwanted results.
- Convert fonts to outlines within layout program (preferred) or include them with the files sent.
- 1/8” (0.125”) minimum outside the document edge is required for any bleed
- Depending on size, bewteen 1/16“ (0.625”) to 1/8” safety zone/margin inside the document edge is required.
- Make sure black text is 100% black with no other colours added.
- Use vector formats for text, line art and logos whenever possible.
- If custom bindery is required (spiral binding, hole punching, folding, etc.), make sure your margins allow for that.
- Make sure only files used are sent.
If sending a PDF:
- Make sure to embed fonts or convert to outlines.
- Include crop marks and bleed.
- Make sure settings are for Press Ready.
- Don’t export a PDF with security settings and password protection.
- See “If sending Working Files” list for other file preparations needed.